Members are the lifeblood of the Upper Sugar River Watershed Association. Without the financial support receive from our members, programs that we take for granted in the watershed would not be possible.
Thanks to the support of our members, here is a sampling of what USRWA is currently doing in 2017:
– Beginning year two of the Farmers for the Upper Sugar River, a farmer-led coalition aimed at reducing ag runoff and improving water quality
– Completing a partnership with UW-Whitewater to create an erosion model of the watershed to highlight areas of focus for future projects
– Water quality monitoring at 26 sites around the watershed
– Continuing total phosphorus testing, building on 15 previously collected sites over the past two years
– Beginning a citizen-based research study to assess local storm ponds through dragonfly surveys
– Partnering with WDNR to restore Sugar River Wetlands State Natural Area through volunteers work days
– Creating locally-based educational modules/curriculum for school districts and service clubs to use
– Creating a plan to combat the invasive New Zealand mudsnail recently found in Badger Mill Creek
– Improving river trail signage at public access points
Donate to USRWA in any amount quick and easy through Paypal’s secure online platform:
Become a Member
Memberships can be submitted by mail:
Fill out the Membership Registration Form and make your check payable to “USRWA.”
Send to:USRWA P.O. Box 314 Mt. Horeb, WI 53572 All memberships and donations are tax-deductible and you will receive a receipt through the mail.
The Upper Sugar River Watershed Fund
Created in 2008 in memory of Elinor Keen, this endowment fund was created by Bill and Lisa Keen to support the work and mission of the Upper Sugar River Watershed Association. The fund is managed through the Natural Resources Foundation and provides a source of income to the USRWA forever.
Donations to The Upper Sugar River Watershed Fund can be made online or by mail:
Donate Online: Go to the Natural Resources Foundation donation page to donate any amount you wish. In the “Donate to an Endowed Fund” section, please enter “Upper Sugar River Watershed Fund.”
Donate by Mail: Write a check made out to ”Natural Resources Foundation” and add “Upper Sugar River Watershed Fund” in the memo line of your check.
Send it to:Natural Resources Foundation attn: Upper Sugar River Watershed Fund PO Box 2317 Madison, WI 53701
For more information about the NRF please visit http://www.wisconservation.org