Community Engagement Coordinator
Position Summary: Driftless Area Land Conservancy is seeking a Community Engagement Coordinator to help grow our membership, cultivate donors, lead programs and community engagement efforts and effectively communicate our mission and goals with supporters and the communities we serve.
Located in Dodgeville, WI, we are offering a 40-hour a week, full-time position; however, part-time employment may be an option depending on the candidate. Advancement within the organization is absolutely encouraged. The person will work in tandem with the Conservancy’s executive director, land protection associate and board of directors.
- Identify and implement strategies and tactics to grow our membership, as well as advance membership and donor tracking systems;
- Coordinate and manage community programs, special events, field trips and strategic partnerships;
- Empower, motivate and engage people with a variety of ages and backgrounds;
- Plan and implement external communications such as e-news, newsletter, update letters, Facebook and website;
- Maintain membership database and files (electronic & hardcopy);
- In conjunction with executive director, provide accurate financial information for maintenance of annual budget, audit and/or financial review;
- Serve with executive director on Fundraising and Program & Outreach committees.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
We’re seeking a candidate who has at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field. The ideal candidate will have experience with design and/or implementation of a membership program; nonprofit, program and/or project management; community outreach and engagement; and database applications. Note: Design and photography skills a plus.
The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality and work extremely well with people (both outside and inside the organization); proven leadership skills; a demonstrated ability to build relationships and rapport; the ability to activate and leverage networks with individuals and groups; strong oral and written communication skills; strong computer skills; a strong environmental ethic and belief in our mission as a land trust; and a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills. He or she must be a committed team player, self motivated, highly organized and a very good multi-tasker.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to David Clutter, executive director at email@example.com. Deadline for accepting resumes is 28 February 2014. Anticipated starting hourly rate: $15-18, dependent upon experience. Paid time-off and payment in lieu of health insurance is available.